Last modified: November 09, 2020
The lawzy mobile application (the “Application”) reflects our commitment to accessible legal services. We established the User Guidelines so that Consumers and Lawyers (collectively, the “User”) can help us foster a safe and reliable space for consumers to receive real answers from verified lawyers in their state.
The User may not engage in any of the following activities on the Application:
- Take any action to compromise the security of the Application, including but not limited to, attempting to gain access to personal and/or confidential data of lawzy or of any person or entity on the Application;
- Post obscene or offensive content, including expressions of defamation, bigotry, prejudice, racism, hatred, or profanity;
- Suggest, promote, incite, or endorse physical harm or other injury against any group or individual;
- Display or connect to harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, or tortious material;
- Create an account in the name of any person or entity other than the User’s legal name (or the legal name of an entity in which the User is an authorized agent), with or without their consent, or create an account in the name of any fictitious person or entity;
- Violate the legal rights of another person or legal entity, including but not limited to the intellectual property rights of such other person or entity (such activities include, but are not limited to, using the Application for acts of copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property infringement, including but not limited to offering pirated computer programs or links to such programs, or information used to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices, including serial or registration numbers for software programs);
- Distribute or use another person or entity’s photos or images that the User does not own or have legal rights to distribute or use;
- Violate generally-accepted standards of conduct applicable to the use of websites or mobile applications, or (for Lawyers) violate applicable professional standards;
- Access or attempt to access information provided by any other User for an unlawful or improper purpose including; initiating or supporting litigation outside the intended use of the Application; or to any other User’s detriment if the information was not accessed or sought in good faith;
- Interfere with or disrupt the Application, or servers or networks connected to the Application, by posting advertisements or links to competing services, participating in “phishing,” transmitting “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass distribution of email;
- Encourage or engage in any fraudulent or illegal activity, including but not limited to, all activities related to illegal drugs, gambling, pornography, prostitution, child pornography, robbery, identity theft, spreading computer viruses, hacking private computer systems, software infringement, trafficking in credit card codes, phishing, or comparable forms of illegal activity; and
- Solicit or act as a referring agent for any personal injury related matters or class action lawsuit.
In the event that any User violates these our Policies or applicable law, lawzy may take action against the User, including but not limited to:
- Terminate or deny service to anyone for any reason or no reason.
Help us keep our Application safe:
Each User plays an important part in lawzy’s commitment to accessible legal services. We expect our Users to post appropriate content on the Application and to use the services and features for their intended purpose only. All interactions between Lawyers and Consumers on and off the Application should be courteous, respectful, and professional.
If a User sees something that they believe may violate these Guidelines, they should report their experience to lawzy’s Support in the Application’s settings. We will review the User’s report and work as quickly as possible to remove content that does not observe our User Guidelines. Even if a person does not have a lawzy account, this non-User may still make a report by sending an email to email@example.com. A report should contain as much information as possible, such as usernames, content description, dates, and state bar numbers, so that we are able to promptly find and review the content at issue. We may remove entire posts, profiles or User accounts if we determine, at our discretion, that any content and/or imagery violates our User Guidelines.
A User may find content that they do not like, but which does not violate the User Guidelines. For example, this may occur if a Consumer does not believe that a Lawyer’s answer to their legal question is sufficient. In that instance, the Consumer may rate the Lawyer who posted the answer and submit this rating directly on the Application. Further, if a Lawyer receives a question from a consumer that they do not like or wish to answer, the Lawyer may pass on the question and remove it from their feed.
We may work with law enforcement, including but not limited to, when we believe that there may be a risk of physical harm or a threat to public safety.
Thank you, our Users, for helping us make legal services accessible.
The lawzy Team